Carolina Design Studios

Carolina Design Studios creates designs for licensing.

Stat Counter

Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Days & Oil Painting




It's snowed 4-5 inches here in NC last night. That's a lot for us, so my kids are out playing in the snow and I intend to spend the time painting. In addition to my whimsical pen and marker work for licensing and my stationery line I also paint in oils.I'm always on the lookout for artists whose styles I like. I found Robert Burridge in the Cheap Joe's Art Stuff catalog. Mr. Burridge is teaching a workshop in Asheville, NC that looks so fun. I love the looseness of his work as well as the vivid color. I'm trying to incorporate more color in my work (as you can see above) and he is an inspiration to me! It's also very cool that his fine art is not only in galleries, but on products such as Starbucks coffee mugs and Pearl vodka botttles.
http://www.robertburridge.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment