Carolina Design Studios

Carolina Design Studios creates designs for licensing.

Stat Counter

Monday, January 18, 2010

2010 Food Trends


Here's one of our recipe card designs. It also is very cute on an invitation to a nice winter gathering, whether it be soup, lowcountry boil or some other warm, toasty back-to-basics recipe. Speaking of recipes, Epicurious posted their top food trends for 2010. Apparently, bacon is on it's way out. And I just found out how 'in' it was. How did I miss that? I LOVE bacon and apparently it has been served as an appetizer alone, brought to cocktail parties as a snack and has been an 'it' item for 2009. I missed the whole trend. I follow trends very closely but usually the ones that have more to do with my work, you know...colors, styles,etc. I don't draw much bacon so no need to follow, really. Of course I do have some good news. FRIED CHICKEN is hot! Anyone who has ever been to Price's Chicken Coop in Charlotte, NC knows that it has ALWAYS been hot! So, let's see what else...This is sort of a no-brainer given the state of the economy but potlucks are back. When was the last time you had banana pudding, homemade potato salad and grandma's homemade blackberry cobbler? Yum-myyyyy! No surprise here, but home-brewed beers are in for 2010. The best yet though, for all you southerners...whoopie pies!

No comments:

Post a Comment